My passion in doula work is empowering and equipping women with information about their choices regarding birth. My goal is for my clients to feel ownership of their birth experience and look back on it with a sense of both understanding and wonder, while cherishing it for the very special day it was. I’m confident that by educating women and their families about all they can expect during the birth process, as well as equipping them with an array of comfort measures and labor progression tools, I can help alleviate fear and stress and support the birthing mother most effectively.
Personal Childbirth Course and Birth Plan Consultation - $175
- I will be your personal, in-home childbirth educator! In this session, we will cover prenatal care, the basics of childbirth, and I'll equip you with everything you need to prepare for your birth and write your own birth plan to use as a communication tool with your family, healthcare provider and clinical staff. I will also bring my doula bag to suggest various tools you may need for your birth, and we will practice various labor and birth positions and comfort measures. While you may not wish to hire a doula for your birth, you may still want to be fully prepared so that your husband or partner, family and friends can best and most fully support you. If you do not feel you need the childbirth education component of this package, you can still purchase a Birth Plan Consultation for $125.
This package includes my full services:
- 3 Prenatal Visits
- Personal Childbirth Course and Birth Plan Consultation
- Finalization of Birth Plan and Practicing Comfort Measures
- One visit accompanying you to your 36-37 week appointment doctor/midwife to discuss birth plan
- Birth Attendance
- I attend births at home, birth centers, or hospitals. I will be present with you and your family throughout your entire birth. I will labor with you at home and follow you to the hospital if you wish, or meet you at the hospital when you are admitted. I will not leave your side, except for brief breaks when necessary, and stay with you throughout the duration of birth, until 1-2 hours after birth. I will also assist you with your first breastfeeding.
- I consider my "on-call" period 2 weeks before your Estimated Due Date (EDD) until 2 weeks after your EDD. If you go into labor outside of that time period I will still be there though!
- Postnatal Visit
- I will touch base with you by phone within 24 hours after your birth, and will also schedule a visit in your home approximately one week after your baby's birth. I will present you with a birth story I have written, documenting the details of your birth from my perspective. I will also check to make sure breastfeeding is going well, answer any questions you may have, and make referrals if necessary for any issues you're having.
- Informational and Emotional Support
- I will always be available to you, by phone and email for any questions and concerns you have, and will do everything I can to provide you with education, resources and referrals.
- Discounts on all Honeybee Mama Products
- 40% off all Baby Slings, Nursing Covers, Personal Care Products and Gift Bags
If you think you may be interested in hiring me as your doula or purchasing services as a gift to someone, please contact me to set up an interview. An interview will last about 30-45 minutes, and I offer it free of charge.
"Missy - You were absolutely outstanding! [The patient] was extremely pleased and so was I. I particularly appreciated two things about you - 1. Your calm demeanor was very helpful - perfect for the calm environment we try to promote for labor! 2. You were very supportive of the patient's decisions, not pushing for any particular decision, but supportive of the patient. I would like to refer futur patients that desire doulas to you - I look forward to working with you in the future - you are wonderful for our patients!!" - John R. Thompson, M.D.
"Missy was wonderful!!" - Whitney Messick, Nurse
"I know that having our doula present for labor and delivery was a major reason my VBAC was successful." - Natalie, Mother and Honeybee Mama Client
"One of the reasons I chose to have a doula help us with the birth of our second child because I wanted someone at the labor who was there just for me. Everyone else present at the labor from the doctor, the nurses, my husband, my family members, & even myself was concerned with me AND the baby. Specifically, I chose Missy because I know her & know that she has the ability to be assertive at the same time as being encouraging. Having Missy as my doula was fantastic at the actual delivery, but she was also incredibly helpful in the weeks leading up to the birth. I was being a little wishy-washy on whether or not I wanted an unmedicated birth, and she was an excellent sounding board. She provided me with information but did not try to push me in one direction or another. She let me come to my own decisions. Enlisting the help of a doula, and specifically Missy, allowed me to have the birth that I wanted: unmedicated, intervention-free, relatively peaceful, and mercifully quick!" - Missy, Mother and Honeybee Mama Client